Thursday 2 June 2011

Emma Watson

Emma Watson Biography

Date of Birth
15 April 1990, Paris, France 

Birth Name
Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson 

Nickname
Em 

Height
5' 6" (1.68 m) 

Mini Biography
Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson was born in Paris, France to parents, Jacqueline Luesby and Chris Watson. At the age of five, Emma's parents divorced and she then moved to Oxfordshire, England with her mother and younger brother, Alexander. Since the divorce, Emma's extended family has grown as her parents both have new partners. Her father has a son named Toby, and identical twin daughters, Nina and Lucy, and her mother's partner has two sons. Emma now resides in England with her mother, younger brother, and her two stepbrothers.

From the age of six, Emma knew that she wanted to be an actress and, for a number of years, she trained at the Oxford branch of Stagecoach Theatre Arts, a part-time theatre school where she studied singing, dancing and acting. By the age of ten, she had performed and taken the lead in various Stagecoach productions and school plays, including "Arthur: The Young Years" and "The Happy Prince". In 1999, casting began for Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001), the film adaptation of British author J.K. Rowling's bestselling novel. Casting agents found Emma through her Oxford theatre teacher, and the producers of the film were impressed by her confidence and her natural acting abilities. After eight consistent auditions, producer David Heyman told Emma and fellow applicants, Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint, that they had been cast for the roles of the three leads, Hermione Granger, Harry Potter and Ron Weasley. It has even been said that Rowling had Emma as her first choice for Hermione Granger since her first screen test.

The release of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001) was Emma's cinematic screen debut. The film broke records for opening-day sales and opening-weekend takings and was the highest-grossing film of 2001. Critics praised the film and the performances of the three leading young actors, often singling out Emma in particular. The highly distributed British newspaper, 'The Daily Telegraph', called her performance "admirable" and multimedia news website, 'IGN', stated that she "stole the show". Later, Emma was nominated for five awards for her performance in the film, winning the Young Artist Award for Leading Young Actress in a Feature Film.

Since the release of the first film of the highly successful franchise, Emma has quickly become one of the most talented and recognizable young actresses in the world. She has continued to portray Hermione Granger in all of the following Harry Potter films (Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002), Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004), Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005), Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007), Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009), Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (2010), and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (2011)) as well as branch out into other films such as Ballet Shoes (2007) (TV) and The Tale of Despereaux (2008). With a successful acting and modeling career under her belt, and a soon-to-be college degree from Brown University, Emma Watson is a lovely, confident, smart, and talented triple threat that we will be watching on the big screen for many years to come.

IMDb Mini Biography By: Anonymous 

Trivia
Has two cats named Bubbles and Domino.

Favorite Harry Potter book is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

She served on a jury to select the 2004 teen-aged film-makers' First Light Film Awards. The ceremony held in London's Leicester Square. Other jurors included Pierce Brosnan, Kenneth Branagh, and Samantha Morton.

At thirteen, after being a teenager for just ten months, she placed tenth in The Hottest Female Stars in February 2004 for some magazine that did a poll.

She was named after her paternal grandmother, who after marriage, became Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson.

Can speak some French.

At the age of fifteen, became the youngest person to appear on the cover of Teen Vogue magazine

She and her Harry Potter co-stars Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint were named #9 on Entertainment Weekly's Best Entertainers of the Year in 2005.

She achieved eight A* and two A passes in her GCSEs (exams English school pupils take in their last compulsory year of secondary school).

Attended The Dragon School, a renowned preparatory school in Oxford, between September 1995 and July 2001. She then went on to attend Headington School, a private all-girls school, between September 2001 and July 2006.

Her parents are both English but her paternal grandmother was French. Emma lived in France until the age of five, when her family returned to England.

Was born at 6:00pm (GMT + 1 hour) on a Sunday.

She loves water sports, and while in Mauritius, she gained an Open Water PADI certificate allowing her to scuba dive anywhere in the world.

While filming the third and fourth Harry Potter films she took dance lessons. She has now gained a Silver Award for freestyle dance and street jazz.

Enjoys playing field hockey, netball and tennis (for school and local teams), skiing, painting, cooking, singing, and dancing (has twice competed with her school in Rock Challenge 2006 and 2007).

Took AS levels in English, Geography, Art and History of Art in May 2007, and has now dropped History of Art to pursue the three A levels.

Was ranked #15 on Forbes List of The 20 Top-Earning Young Superstars.(2007).

Was ranked #26 on Empire Magazine's '100 Sexiest Movie Stars' (2007).

Was ranked #3 on 'Yahoo! List of the 10 Most Popular Stars of 2007'.

Was ranked #97 on Forbes List of The Celebrity 100.(2007).

In 2007, Forbes Magazine estimated her earnings for the year at $4 million.

Passed her driving test on her first attempt, January 28, 2008.

Her favorite movie is Notting Hill (1999). Her favorite television show is "Friends" (1994). Her favorite actor is Johnny Depp. Her favorite actress is Julia Roberts.

Was ranked #28 on Entertainment Weekly's '30 Under 30' the actress list. (2008).

Ranked #94 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2008 list.

Is a fan of The Golden Compass (2007) and the rest of the fantasy trilogy 'His Dark Materials' by Philip Pullman.

Ranked #4 by Portrait Magazine for favorite celebrities by fans' vote. Her Harry Potter co-star Bonnie Wright Had also Ranked #5.

Her parents divorced in 1995; both parents have since remarried. On her father's side, she has a younger half-brother Toby, born 2003, and half-sisters (identical twins) Lucy and Nina, born in 2004. Lucy and Nina played the younger version of her character Pauline in Ballet Shoes (2007) (TV). She also has two stepbrothers through her mother's remarriage.

Was ranked #3 on Moviefone's '25 Hottest Actors Under 25' (2008).

In 2008 BoyDestiny wrote and sung the song "you got me going" also known as the Emma Watson song.

Radio One's movie critic James King named "Ron Weasley" and "Hermione Granger", played by Rupert Grint and Emma Watson, as number 4 in his Top 5 Movie Couples list on The Colin and Edith Show (2006) (TV).

Entering Brown University after completion of the Harry Potter Movies (July 21, 2009).

Close friends with 'Harry Potter' co-star Bonnie Wright.

Was ranked #8 in Portrait Magazine's 'Top 30 Under 30' (2009). 'Harry Potter' cast mates Evanna Lynch, Rupert Grint, Bonnie Wright, Tom Felton and Daniel Radcliffe also made the list on the 3rd, 5th, 7th, 14th and 18th place respectively.

Has said that she'd like to work with directors Alfonso Cuarón and Guillermo del Toro.

Was Entertainment Weekly's "Entertainer of the Month" for the month of July (2009).

Was ranked #3 on Empire Magazine's '100 Sexiest Movie Stars' list.

She was ranked #6 on MSN's list of 'Best Dressed Stars of 2009'.

Was named the face of the 2009 Fall/Winter Burberry Campaign (2009).

She was ranked #8 on Portrait Magazine's 'Top 30 Under 30' list (2009).

She was ranked #3 on Teen Vogue's list of the Best Dressed celebrities of 2009.

Announced that she would be would collaborating with People Tree, a Fair Trade Fashion Company, as a creative advisor for the new Spring/Summer collection (2009).

Was named the 'Highest Grossing Actress of the Decade' by the Guiness Book of World Records. Her film work in the past decade has grossed over 5.4 billion dollars worldwide (2009).

When she made a promotional appearance on a Dutch TV talk show for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007), the interview ended with her joining the Dutch illusion act Magic Unlimited, who sawed her in half.

Good friends with Taylor Swift.

Was in a relationship with financier Jay Barrymore (March 2008-March 2010).

Was in consideration for the role of Lisbeth Salander in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011), but Rooney Mara was cast instead.

Had to wait until she was fifteen before she was allowed to have her ears pierced.

Her publicist, Vanessa Davies, said that Emma will transfer from Brown University to another school in the Fall of 2011 [April 24, 2011].


Personal Quotes
[in response to a reporter asking her whether she always wore pigtails]: I never wear pigtails, I wear plaits.

[Hardest scene]: Neville comes up to me with his toad, Trevor, and says, "Do you want to kiss Trevor goodnight?" Every time he did this I burst into laughter. I was supposed to give him an "I hate you" look, but I couldn't help myself. It took me about eight takes to get it.

It was unbelievable seeing me as an action figure! In a few months, toddlers all around the country will be biting my head off!

[On kissing her co-stars]: Oh my God, no, no chance, no chance. That's not in my contract!

My friends are all really nice about my fame, they're just curious really, they ask lots of questions.

[On how her character, Hermione Granger, has matured]: She's rock and roll. She's feisty. Girl power!

[On reporters asking the same questions over and over]: That's the good thing about them! They all ask exactly the same questions and you can say exactly the same answers! You don't have to think, you can just stand there like a broken record going LALALA.

[on working with boys]: I like being around mixed company. Dan (Daniel Radcliffe) and Rupert (Rupert Grint) definitely make their fair share of cheeky comments about me being girlie, but it's all in good fun.

It took me three films to get Hermione in jeans. To get out of the robes with the tights and the itchy jumpers. Whoo-hoo!

I hope my head doesn't get very big. I'm just going to keep my feet on the ground, stick to friends and family and try and lead a normal life.

I love fashion. I think it's so important, because it's how you show yourself to the world.

[On being a known actress]: Most people are really nice but some stare, like you're some kind of zoo exhibit and not a real person with real feelings. Even when you take away all the glamour and attention and premieres and everything, it still comes down to the fact that I'm acting.

Hermione uses all these big long tongue twister words, I don't know what she's going on about half the time!

I could be 100 years old and in my rocker, but i'll still be very proud that I was part of the Harry Potter films.

[On her co-stars Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint, who play Harry and Ron]: More than just friends, they've become like brothers. Or sisters, I don't know. In fact, I don't see them like normal boys. I mean that I cannot imagine me going out with one of them. For me, they are like my best friends. I can laugh and talk about everything with them without any taboo. I really like them a lot.

[On other roles]: Now that I've played the snotty, bossy, posh Hermione Granger, I'd like to play some American high school girl. I want to play something totally different. I want to play every kind of character and every point of view, but I'm probably going to be playing Hermione for a while.

[If she'd sooner have a great Hollywood career or a great marriage]: Hmmmmm... Can't I have both? But if I would really have to choose, then I'd pick a great marriage. I think it would be amazing if I would get to play beautiful parts and win Oscars, but that would all mean nothing if my parents and friends weren't there with me. What is success when you don't have anybody to love? No, I'd rather be happily married.

[On watching the earlier movies]: It's like baby photos... I look like a chipmunk!

I get sent Bibles. I have a collection of about 20 in my room. People think I need to be guided.

The most challenging aspect of this film was the fact that I was trying to take my A-levels at the same time I was filming. So my life was crazy. One minute I was on set, and the next minute I was doing an exam, or reading a textbook, or doing something, so I was a bit all over the place. Sometimes it's kind of hard to juggle both aspects of my life.

If someone asked me to do something that was beneficial to a cause, then maybe I'd consider it, but not just [to be able to say] 'Look at me! I've got my own line!'

Acting never was about the money for me. ... Maybe in 10 years, I'll be able to appreciate the fact that I am financially stable and independent and I don't have to make bad choices. I can be very picky.

I'm very crafty! One time I made a television set out of a cardboard box - Everybody thought it was a lark! This was the beginning of a love affair with the arts. I'm now studying art in Brown, a fancy American school.


Salary
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (2011) $15,000,000
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (2010) $15,000,000
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007) $4,000,000

Where Are They Now
(April 2004) Filming Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005).

(March 2005) Finishing filming Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005), set for release on November 18th, 2005.

(April 2006) Filming Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007).

(January 2008) Filming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009).

(February 2009) Filming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (2010).

emma watson wallpaper
emma watson wallpaper
emma watson wallpaper
emma watson wallpaper
emma watson wallpaper
emma watson wallpaper
emma watson wallpaper
emma watson wallpaper
emma watson wallpaper
emma watson wallpaper
emma watson wallpaper
emma watson hot photos
Hot Emma Watson Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment