Tuesday 21 June 2011

controversy-Veena Malik


It's easy to create a controversy-Veena Malik

Controversy queen and tabloid favourite Veena Malik is once again in the headlines, and this time for her upcoming projects which include her plans to buy a flat in Mumbai and host a program on cricket during the IPL (Indian Premiere League) season.
Pakistani model and actor Veena Malik, who rose to fame in the reality show 'Bigg Boss 4' house, is surrounded by a storm of controversy ever since she came to India.
Veena becomes controversy queen
Veena’s colourful love saga with former Bigg Boss inmate Ashmit Patel, her behaviour on the reality show, criticism from her conservative countrymen or the Taliban threat to her life, have made the Pakistani actress controversy queen in both the countries.
About the series of controversies she sparked recently, the scandalous beauty opened up in an interview with the Hindustan Times.
When asked why Veena is synonymous with controversy, the actress replied, “You know, it’s very easy to create a controversy, and in a lot of ways, it is not really a bad idea. But I have never tried hard at it. It’s just come to me naturally. I am a star. And controversies are part of a star’s life. People need someone to talk about. Today it’s me, tomorrow it’ll be someone else.”
On entering 'Bigg Boss' house
According to Veena, the hugely hit reality show Bigg Boss showed footage of only 45 minutes out of 24 hours, which was edited entirely to the benefit of the channel.
So why she entered the Bigg house?
“The Bigg Boss house was like a refuge for me. I was going through huge emotional turmoil when I was offered the show. I had broken off with Asif (the Pakistani cricketer), the match fixing scandal had just broken, and I was an emotional wreck. I wanted to get away from everything. Bigg Boss offered me just that. I could be disconnected from everybody and everything that I knew. So I jumped at it,” she told the newspaper.
In addition, she said, Big Boss also gave her an opportunity to work in India.
One media group in Pakistan has received a threatening letter from the Taliban saying that they will kill me for working in India. We are not sure about its authenticity but Pakistan officials are trying to verify it.
On Taliban threat
As of the Taliban threat Veena said she is anxious, but not scared. “I believe in destiny. If they have to kill me, they’ll do it anywhere. Why should I stop living my life?” she said.
According to her, “One media group in Pakistan has received a threatening letter from the Taliban saying that they will kill me for working in India. We are not sure about its authenticity but Pakistan officials are trying to verify it.”
Ashmit closest to Veena
The lady also talked candidly about her alleged love affair with Ashmit Patel.
When the newspaper asked Veena about her and Ashmit’s relationship status, she laughs and said, “What about him? Okay, I won’t deny that he is the closest to me. I call him every free minute I have. I share my deepest secrets and fears with him. For a change, here is a man who watches my back and stands up for me. So I am loving it. But we haven’t made any formal commitments. Humne jeene marne ki kasme nahi khai hain… abhi tak!!!”
Veena’s upcoming cricket projects
Meanwhile, Veena is busy with her cricket show airing on news channel India TV, titled 'Big Toss.' She is also working in another cricket-based show 'Chuck Dey Cricket.'
Veena reportedly is due to host more Cricket shows. Citing a source close to Veena, The Express Tribune has reported that based on the success of her current cricket-based shows she is receiving several offers, including that of becoming an ambassador for IPL.
According to the source, Veena has accepted an offer to host a programme when the tournament starts in India.
“Cricket has always been my passion and am very delighted that I am getting opportunities related to the game. A game I have religiously followed.”

No comments:

Post a Comment